Part 2: Ukulele and Four Hats (ok, three hats and a helmet)

Alright, as promised here's the supplemental post to my video demonstrating how to tune a ukulele and play some easy chords on it.

I would like to add that ukulele's tend to go out of tune fairly quickly, so if you play them for longer than about 45 minutes, you'll need to tune up (perhaps sooner, depending on how hard you play it). And it should go without saying, but you should always tune your instrument before playing it anyway.

Tisk, tisk. Some errata to report too... well kind of. When I'm showing how to do an E chord, I didn't mention that you also fret the first string on the second fret with your index finger. I've added an annotation to the video, so hopefully viewers won't miss it, even though you can see fairly clearly that I do press down on that string. *sigh* I must've been distracted by my hats and accents.

Below I've posted a few links to some ukulele related websites. The Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain is fantastic and a must see (I have some of their videos in my favorites list on my channel), and you'll be blown away by the last link where Jake Shimabukuro plays a spectacular rendition of George Harrison's "While My Guitar Gently Weeps".

Do have fun with your ukulele... and if you don't have one, well then I hope you enjoy the videos! And as usual, please subscribe so you can stay up-to-date with my videos and you can also check me out on Facebook (become a Fan! Fans are awesome)!

Web Resources
http://www.ukuleleorchestra.com/main/home.aspx - The Learn / Play menu item has links to sites with ukulele lessons and chord charts
http://www.youtube.com/user/UkuleleOrchestra
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puSkP3uym5k - Jake Shimabukuro plays "While My Guitar Gently Weeps"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Protostar: Error in Transmission - New Web Novel Published!

Astrophotography, Part 1; Supplemental Post (B) - Photography with Imre - Episode 32

Ukulele and Four Hats